It took me the whole day to install yarn braids, mostly because I’ve never done it before.
So here’s how I did it:
- I cut a piece of thread double the length I wanted it to be. This piece was wrapped around my dread at the very top twice over. It was then braided down to hold onto the dread.
- I cut a two pieces the exact size I wanted the braid to be. I took these pieces and started winding them around my dreads from the point I stopped braiding all the way down to the end of the dread. (Note: If you want thicker yarn braids use more strands for this step)
- I then tied the end of the braid and burned the end.
- If you don’t wind the thread tightly, it will cause them to come loose.
- At the end my hair looked like dreads. I did this style to lock my dreads rather than to pretend I have longer dreads than I have. Since my hair is very soft it has taken a while to get them all to lock.
And that’s all folks!